CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Shocker

Have you touched anything and suddenly you feel electrocuted? Erm, maybe that wasn't the right word. Have you ever had an electric shock touching normal stuff like a gate or your brother?

I have. Lots and lots of times.

While opening the gate at my house. While touching the car door. Touching the metal grids of a Tesco trolley. Accidentally bumping into my brother at One Utama in front of Rotiboy, i think.

I realised this phenomena whilst washing dishes after eating a 1 pound pizza bought at 1.30 pm at Iceland, sprinkled with sausages.





Figure 2: Hand touched the sink



Figure 3: Hand pulls away from shock impact

I tried searching it out on credible academic sources (Wikipedia) and typed out 'electric shock while touching normal stuff' on Google,but the closest i got to it was 'static electricity', which is "usually caused when certain materials are rubbed against each other, like wool on plastic or the soles of shoes on carpet. The process causes electrons to be pulled from the surface of one material and relocated on the surface of the other material.
A static shock occurs when the surface of the second material, negatively charged with electrons, touches a positively-charged conductor, or vice-versa
', whatever that is.

Why do these things happen to me? Or do all of you get it too? Maybe i'm an attractive material that pulls electrons easily. heheh.

1 comments:

nurhakeem said...

I experienced it once. long long time ago